Testing 232-ATSC series UDP Control
In addition to IP Telnet control, the 232-ATSC 4K, 232-ATSC 4,
232-ATSC+1, ATSC-SDI and ATSC-SDI 4 HDTV tuners offer bi-directional UDP
control. Two-way UDP operation was added to both tuners with S37
firmware 2.08 (but should be updated to V 2.16 or higher). If your
firmware is older, go our online Support page and download the 232- ATSC 4 series Firmware Support Pack or Legacy Product Downloads for the legacy tuners.
The same commands used for RS-232 and Telnet can be sent over via
UDP to the tuner’s IP port 31931 (fixed) with status feedback on port
31932. Port 31932 is disabled by default, send “>UO” command (UF
turns UDP status feedback off), or set with front-panel menu.
- UDP status will always be sent when the action was triggered by a UDP command
- If the command was sent via RS-232 or Telnet, not all UDP status
strings will be sent. For example, sending >ID or >IP will only
provide status if the request was sent via UDP.
- With S37 firmware V2.16 and above, UPD Reply will not turn off if DC power is lost.
Here’s how to set up and test UDP control:
Go to simplecomtools.com and download the UDP Test Tool, a free app.
- In the Remote section, enter the IP address of the tuner and port 31931. Click the Carriage Return option.
- Enter the command >EO and click Send. This enables UDP status feedback from the tuner. A >UF command turns of UDP status messages.
- In the Host section, enter UDP port 31932 and click Bind. This links UDP status to your PC.
- Now you can send UDP commands to the tuner and monitor status feedback.
Basic Instructions for Integrating Display Express RF Control
Display Express is a very easy system to install and integrate, compared to other video distribution and control systems. Though it’s really simple, it’s often a new way of doing things for integrators. in this blog, we’ll lay out the basic steps, ...
Defining 232-ATSC 4K IPTV Programs for IPTV Decoders
Starting with Version 2.01 firmware, the 232-ATSC 4K HD Tuner can output the tuned MPEG stream as a Unicast or Multicast AV Over IP stream. At present, the full stream will be sent, including all programs and associated streams. The IPTV stream will ...
Display Express TV Guide
Here is a summary the “controllability” status of popular makes of TVs w/ Display Express Software. This summary will be updated as new facts and models are discovered. For example, a few sets need to be set in in a special mode, or an energy-saving ...
CR Toolbox, A Universal Application Designed to Connect and Update CR Products
CR Toolbox is a universal application designed for compatible Contemporary Research (CR) products. CR Toolbox enables users to ensure all products are on the network and working properly, easily perform maintenance, confirm firmware versions and ...
How do I Integrate an RF System using 8VSB?
In a recent firmware update (v. 2.6.4), all QMOD encoders can now broadcast RF channels in 8VSB format. What is 8VSB? Over-the-air TV channels are broadcast using 8VSB modulation, while cable channels use QAM to carry the video. QAM works well for ...